The Hospice Opportunity Shop is located at 135-145 Fryers Street Shepparton and raises funds for the service.
The Opportunity Shop stocks quality pre-loved clothing, shoes, sporting goods, manchester and a large range of household goods from bric-a-brac to larger pieces of furniture. You can always find a wonderful novel or children’s story from the extensive book collection.
Recycling quality donations provided by a generous community repurposed many items which find a new home. Like all Opportunity Shops ‘if you would be willing to give the item to your family member’, than GV Hospice would also welcome the item.
The Opportunity Shop welcomes donations, either directly to the shop or through the collection bins located in Corio Street, Shepparton. Donation of larger goods such as furniture can be organised by contacting the Opportunity Shop on 5831 6448.
The Opportunity Shop is supported each day by an amazing number of Volunteers and employees. The funds raised enable GV Hospice to provide a 24 hour, 7 days a week service for the person and their carer living with a life limiting illness. From the sale of goods in the Shop, GV Hospice is able to provide equipment free of charge to those registered with the Service.
Volunteers to assist in the Shop are always welcome and inquiries should be made to the Team Leader on 5831 6448
The Shop is able to accept the following:
- Clothing and accessories
- Kitchen and general homewares
- Manchester including blankets
- Children’s toys
- Some electrical items (please check with the Shop before donating)
- Larger pieces of furniture (by arrangement only)
We are not able to accept:
- Soiled, stained or ripped clothing
- Broken, stained or cracked homewares
- Stained bedding and pillows
- Bikes, helmets or children’s prams or car seats
- Broken electrical goods, computer screens